Seok-heon, a bank security guard, gains superpowers one day after drinking water from a mountain spring affected by a meteor. He then sets out to protect his estranged daughter Roo-mi and her neighborhood from a construction company controlled by the mafia, using his recently-arrived superpower: the power of psychokinesis, and in the process becomes a superhero.
After drinking water from a mountain spring, a bank security guard gains telekinetic superpowers, which he must use to save his estranged daughter from an evil construction company, as a superhero.
A comedy that knows not to dwell unnecessarily long on the cliche story elements in its setup and cuts pretty much straight to the fun. I thought especially the first half of the movie was hilarious, although that may also have been partly because of me not being that familiar with the Korean sense of humor to begin with. I thought the movie sort of lost its pace leading up to and following the final 'climax'. The buildup to the ending felt somewhat dragged out and some parts at the end also felt a bit forced. Although none of that killed the movie for me and I still really enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch! 7/10
Movie: Psychokinesis (15): Action/Adventure/Fantasy - Korean
Director Yeon Sang-ho has proved his mettle once again. In 2016, he introduced the zombie apocalypse action thriller genre to South Korea with the excellent TRAIN TO BUSAN, and in 2018, he has introduced the superhero genre to his country in a very stylish, superb and delightful manner.
- Ryu Seung-ryong is aptly cast for the lead role and he is very impressive as the psychokinetic superhero who's very relatable and like any other human being. Shim Eun-kyung's performance is excellent and remarkable. Jung Yu-mi also impresses big time in a limited yet well-written character.
- The visual effects are top notch and realistic. The VFX team has not made us "feel" the VFX, and that's a major plus for a film depending a lot on visual effects.
- The action sequences are the best for any superhero film. Creativity is visible in every frame of the action blocks, particularly the final one, which is bound to be greeted with claps and whistles.
- The music is heartwarming and fits very well into the narrative. It enhances the impact from time to time.
- The emotional sequences are impactful and have been handled very well.
- The cinematography and other technical aspects are also excellent, and the production values are very impressive.
- The editing is excellent at 101 minutes as there's nothing boring or unimpressive throughout the whole movie. Director should be praised for blending action, comedy and emotions very well, in a proper proportion in the movie.
- The humor is very effective.
- The ending is very good.
Repeat value: ABSOLUTELY!
PSYCHOKINESIS is South Korea's first attempt at the superhero genre and it needs to be both encouraged as well as appreciated, especially when it's so well made and masterfully crafted. a5c7b9f00b
Thief: The Dark Project full movie hd download
Miami Vice in tamil pdf download
the 2nd Annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic: Round One - Part Three full movie in hindi free download
Way of the Warrior full movie online free
the Return of the Wolf Man download
download full movie All Stars in hindi
Aycan in hindi 720p
RoboCop full movie download in hindi
tamil movie dubbed in hindi free download Deadpool
The Legend of Korra full movie with english subtitles online download